Stand tall and proud
Sink your roots deeply into the earth
Reflect the light of your true nature
Think long term
Go out on a limb
Remember your place among all living beings
Embrace with joy the changing seasons
For each yields its own abundance
The energy and birth of spring
The growth and contentment of summer
The wisdom to let go the leaves in the fall
The rest and quiet renewal of winter
Feel the wind and the sun
And delight in their presence
Look up at the moon that shines down upon you
And the mystery of the stars at night
Seek nourishment from the good things in life
Earth, fresh air, light
Be content with your natural beauty
Drink plenty of water
Let your limbs sway and dance in the breezes
Remember your roots
Enjoy the view!
I have always had a deep and abiding love for trees. As a child, where there was a tree, there was me… clambering up her, hanging from her branches or just sitting in her warm embrace. The trees in my life have always, and still do provide me with a sense of safety and security and like all of nature are real teachers to me.
This poem resonates so deeply with me and seems like perfect advice for us all, during these turbulent times.
It seems to fit too, with the Sun’s passage through Virgo, a mutable (adaptable) Earth sign. What is a tree, if not steady, rooted, grounded and yet completely adaptable at the same time? And that’s precisely what’s being asked of us during these times we find ourselves in.
Taking the Advice from the Tree a little further– you may want to ask yourself this month…
How are you standing in your life – are you steady, rooted, grounded and adaptable at the same time?
- Are you standing strongly in the light of your own power or are you in the shadow of others?
- Do you have a strong enough root system to continue to stand, even if those around you fall or depart?
- Are you flexible enough to bend and sway with the winds of change and can you accommodate the needs of others?
- Are you able to let go of old brittle branches that may be weighing you down? Can you move on, when something is over and embrace the new?
- Are you able to let down your defences (drop your leaves) and expose your vulnerability?
- Do you perhaps need to strengthen your roots, spread them deeper and further, so they help you to withstand the storms of life?
- Can you spread your branches wider and higher, expand your horizons… reach further towards the light?
- How’s the health of your tree – are you getting enough nutrients from the soil (food), sunlight and water?
- Is there any situation or person who may be robbing you of your life force? I have a beautiful Mdoni tree in my garden and I was recently advised to remove some of the plants growing on it because they were leeching some of the nutrients out. It was hard to do, because they were so pretty, but they had to go – the wellbeing of the tree comes first. How important is your own wellbeing and is there anything that needs to be trimmed from your life in order to free up energy?
- Can you welcome the changing seasons, ageing and loss as much as you embrace new growth and blooming?
- Can you remain firmly, but gently in your own space, despite the opinions and actions of others, accepting yourself exactly as you are?
Virgo energy helps us to separate the wheat from the chaff in our lives, analyse what’s good and what’s not, bring order to chaos, focus on healing, put in place healthy routines, reassess our contribution to the world, the impact we are having on Mother Earth and streamline our lives so that we have more time for what really matters.
More and more right now, we are being stretched and squeezed, to eliminate anything that is not true and authentic, anything that is taking us away from the true essence of us. More and more, we’re being called to love and accept ourselves exactly as we are.
Check our The Love Revolution by Matt Kahn – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFS84Jp1qfc
More advice from a tree … It all begins with a seed, which is basically a copy of the plant it came from. Genetically it has all the information needed to grow into that specific species of tree. It never wavers from that. A willow is a willow, an Oak is an Oak and they probably don’t stand there comparing themselves to other trees and wishing they were something else. The tree is true to itself from the beginning to the end.
Imagine if we could follow that lead! No more comparing, no more judging… just being.
This is a really, really good month to pay attention to any health related issues that you might have been masking or ignoring. So often we spend our lives hurtling at great speed from one thing to another that we don’t listen to what our bodies are telling us. When something’s out of whack physically, we normally get a signal of sorts at the very beginning, in the form of a discomfort or pain. These warning signs are a little like the oil light that comes on in our cars. Most often, when that happens, we’ll stop, pull in at the nearest garage and investigate what the cause is. We do not (generally J) put a sticker over the light and pretend it’s not blinking at us madly, which is a lot like popping a pill to take away a symptom. Neither do we haul out the whole oil tank – which is like removing an offending organ when it plays up. With ALL that is happening “out there” at the moment, so many people I know are feeling squeezed, stressed and tired, with long term health problems coming up to the surface. These are hefty nudges, if not kicks in the butt to slow down and pay attention to what our bodies are telling us – before our engines start to seize. (By the way I’m only just starting to really get this myself, in case you were wondering).
In the work I do it never fails to amaze me how accurately we can tune into what’s amiss in our lives mentally, physically, emotionally and energetically by just checking in with our bodies. We are all far more intuitive than we give ourselves credit for and we have an innate ability to heal ourselves. The same self diagnostic, repair and regeneration system that heals a cut by forming a scab, immediately goes into action when something goes wrong with our bodies and we have the capacity to help that process along.
The fact that we consciously play a role in our own healing is finally being recognised by mainstream doctors and the scientific community. Research has proven that patients using guided imagery for example. come through surgery with 50% of the complications, experience 50% bleeding and pain and get out of hospital quicker than those not using it.
Harnessing the imagination through interactive guided imagery (and art) is one of the most powerful techniques we can use to trigger the body’s intrinsic healing ability. I’m using it more and more in my own life and in my work, because I can feel and see the results.
I’ll be running a workshop on Saturday 6th September and again on the 20th September, where I’ll be teaching how to set up and cultivate a dialogue with our bodies. Healing comes from within and if it’s not happening for you, working with imagery can give it a nudge and set the wheels in motion for your body to self correct. Click here for details http://michellemcclunan.com/art-workshops/. Please email me as soon as possible if you’d like to attend, as space is limited.
If you haven’t already, head over and like my Interactive Community Facebook page, where I’m posting regular astrological updates, insights and inspirations, to help us all to navigate the journey to ourselves. In a broader context, the purpose of the page is to initiate self enquiry and interaction as a community, spread light, positive energy and help to raise consciousness. As you and I raise our vibration, others’ vibrations automatically rise to meet it…so we really can help to change the world.
In life and light