FULL MOON IN SAGITTARIUS
On Friday 9th June, we have a full moon in Sagittarius, which means that the Moon is opposite the Sun in Gemini, continuing the communication theme for the next two weeks.
Gemini represents the logical, rational mind and is concerned with our busy daily lives, our immediate environment and all incoming information. Sagittarius represents the truth seeker, the higher intuitive mind, the guru that resides within each of us.
This full moon urges us to reach higher, shoot our arrows further and explore beyond the borders of our daily lives, by developing and honing our intuition.
Even though the rational mind often gets a bad rap, without it, we would be incapable of processing any information whatsoever.
However, we need to make it a servant, not the master.
“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift”. Albert Einstein
The barrage of information that comes to us on any given day, together with the gazillion thoughts and concerns we may have, tends to drown out any intuitive messages that might be trying to gain access.
Over the next few weeks, see if you can connect more consciously with your intuition. This is not something that’s reserved for a special gifted few. It’s available to us all, but we need to work it like any other muscle.
14 WAYS TO HONE YOUR INTUITION:
- For a few minutes each day, turn off or step away from your devices and the noise of daily life and spend some time in silence. Give the chattering mind a chance to subside, so as to allow your intuition to emerge. Remember that the words “Listen” and “silent” have the same letters.
- Spend time in nature. Ground yourself regularly! (Read more here)
- If you have a dilemma or a problem, try stepping away from it and doing something completely different. Go for a walk or a shower or pull some weeds out of the garden. Very often, the answer will magically appear.
- Tune into the 5 senses regularly. It’s quick, easy and accessible and brings you into the moment, opening a channel to your higher self.
- Do some stream of conscious journalling, which clears the mind of busy mundane thoughts and worries and makes space for intuitive guidance to come through.
- Try writing with your non-dominant hand. It will help you to liberate rigid patterns of expression.
- Write down whatever you remember of your dreams. Our souls communicate every single night, but we need to listen.
- Take some time to creatively express yourself. Spontaneous imagery, collage, painting, doodling, drawing, singing, making music and dancing help to calm the busy mind and give us more access to our intution.
- Start an intuitive notebook. Write down every intuitive flash or hunch you have.
- When you have a feeling that you should call or visit someone, or reach for a book, follow it and see where it leads.
- Pay more attention to your feelings. They are a compass and will tell you whether you’re moving in the right direction.
- See if you can guess who’s on the phone before you look at it. Have fun with it and don’t beat yourself up if you get it wrong 🙂
- Pick a subject and speak to yourself or to somebody else for 3 or 4 minutes – without interrupting. As you talk, notice how the clutter clears and gems of insight and wisdom start to appear.
- Let somebody else talk for the same amount of time and just listen, without commenting, fixing or helping. As you listen, notice any new awareness that might arise about yourself or your own life.
I’ll be sharing some insights on Intuition and Listening on FACEBOOK over the next month. Please join in the conversation and share how you connect to your intuition!
THE ART OF LISTENING WORKSHOPS
To work with the current communication/ intuition theme, I will be running two THE ART OF LISTENING workshops in June, where I will be teaching you how to make your own deck of Soul Guidance Oracle Cards. The process of selecting images and reading the cards in a group environment will hone your intuition and listening skills and is highly likely to shed light on important issues in your life.
The workshops will be held on Saturday 10th and 24th June – 9:00 to 4:30 AND every Wednesday in June from 9:30 to 12:30
From June, Wednesday “pop-in” classes will be in the form of stand-alone courses – with a different theme each month.
Thanks for reading 🙂
In light and life