Darum… darum…. darum…
The time has come all ye fellow humans to take off those rose coloured specs and replace them with a big old magnifying glass, a torch, some sturdy gumboots and a raincoat as we embark on a serious investigation… leaving no stone un-turned until we have unearthed the honest to God, pure, unbridled, unvarnished truth about ourselves and the role we are playing here on Planet Earth.
There’s SO much going down right now that I’ve roped in good ol Professor Clouseau, the Pink Panther and Venus in Sagittarius, to help us move through it with a sense of adventure, lightness and humour. If you’re too young to know who they are, ask Mr Google – he’ll come to your aide.
As we travel between the tunnel of two eclipses, most of us are experiencing some discomfort to put it mildly – Whether you’re feeling stuck, overwhelmed, weary of the same old thing happening over and over again, or just plain out of sorts, its ok… you’re not alone and it’s all meant to be… really!
We are in the birth canal and are starting to feel labour pains before the birthing on the 3rd November, with the mother of all eclipses. Present in the delivery room will be the Sun and Moon, Saturn, Mercury Retrograde and the North Node – all in intense, investigative, deeply transformational, watery, emotional Scorpio ( I did say you needed gumboots and a raincoat). Add the exact Uranus Pluto square to the mix and we have some pretty potent revolutionary energy right there.
As I see it, in plain English, this eclipse marks a potentially huge turning point, a breaking through of awareness, both personally and globally. It symbolises the death of old outworn patriarchal power structures, so that the new can be reborn into something more intelligent, evolved, balanced and connected. The seed that was planted in the sixties is now starting to germinate with the re-emergence of the feminine and the maturing of the masculine.
I said “potentially” because in order to experience or be a part of any transformation, we have to show up and actively participate. What that means is that we need to take full ownership of being the change we want to see in the world and in order to do that, we first need to find out what needs changing, which is where Professor comes in. Herewith a handy Clouseau style guide into our very own personal thriller.
Mount a serious no-holds-barred investigation into every aspect of your life. Of particular significance will be the areas where 11 degrees Scorpio and Taurus lie. That’s where you’ll find some potent clues and keys to open the doors of transformation. If you don’t know where that is or what I’m talking about, it might be time to have your chart done or updated.
Some examples of questions to ask:
- What am I feeling in my body at any given moment?
- Whose rules am I living by and are they serving me and anyone else?
- Have my belief system or my values changed and how?
- Do they need to?
- What or who pulls me back, makes me feel shackled, heavy or small?
- What or who makes me feel free, light and empowered?
- Where am I stuck?
- What can I let go of – be it false beliefs, negative reactions, people or clutter
- If I died tomorrow, what would I regret?
- What do I need help with and who can I ask?
- What can I do differently, today to help myself and our planet?
- How can I serve or nurture others?
- How can I lift my vibration?
It is no mistake that you are here at this moment in time and it is never too late. My mom has reached the ripe old age of 90 and I can honestly say that as frail as she is physically, she has never been stronger emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Far from feeling unimportant she sees herself as performing an important role in sending light and spreading kindness to others. You too, are a unique and vital thread in the tapestry of life and everything you say and do does make a difference!
Look for clues
- Surveillance – keep watch of how other people (partners, bosses, friends, children and authority figures, drivers, call centre staff etc) trigger reactions in you. Notice them, and then turn the spotlight onto yourself and ask where in your life you do exactly the same thing. Even if you can’t see it at first, shine it around a bit and you’re sure to find something. Eg: “Bloggs is just so lazy, it’s driving me crazy” – Immediately… there and then, ask yourself where in your life you drive yourself crazy by being lazy. Or, “The Government / powers-that-be need to wake up and sort things out” – where do I need to wake up and sort things out? You get the drift…When you find something, see if you can chuckle at yourself, rather than beat yourself up.
- Be on the lookout for sensations in your body – these can be anything from feeling like a horse has kicked you in the solar plexus, to tears welling up in your eyes when something has touched you deeply, to delicious goose bumps when you know you’ve stumbled upon grace or unearthed a truth.
- Watch for synchronicities – even if they seem irrelevant. I’ll give you an example of a recent one of mine (shared only days later by one of my soul sisters) – I jumped into my car the other day and it was as dead as a dodo… nada… not even a glimmer of life. After contemplating my situation for a few minutes, I got out the car and roped some unsuspecting security guys into giving me a push and she started. I drove to the closest garage, where they told me that my battery was kaput and kindly lent me one until they could get a replacement. This little event held such lessons for me. First of all, my own internal battery has been feeling flat lately and secondly I realised I need to sometimes ask for help. I’ve also had a whole lot of un with blocked drains and flooded driveways in the past while, which have served to provide more clues as to what’s out of whack. Moments after I had the pipes cleared, my energy lifted… go figure!
This is the time for us to connect with our innate wisdom (feminine) so that we can be guided how to actively and maturely participate (masculine) in transformation of ourselves and our planet. It’s so important that during this time of confusion and fear, we don’t freeze like deer in the headlights, but rather dive in and do what needs to be done to change what needs to be changed.
Check out Russel Brand’s recent interview on. You might not agree with him or even like him and he might not know all the answers, but he’s being a catalyst and is prompting us to ask questions we might not normally ask, which is what Scorpio is all about.
We’re being challenged to be revolutionary, to step beyond our comfort zones, take complete responsibility for our lives, for the impact we have on planet earth, for how we treat others, our thoughts, our reactions, the energy we project into the world… and to take it up a notch, to a new level of maturity. Basically we need to grow up, step beyond self doubt and fear and take action. Imagine if we lived our lives afraid of nothing, viewing every thing that happens in our world as an opportunity to change and grow… Imagine if, when in the soul state, you selected each and every person and situation in your life and elected to live during these times in order to help your soul evolve. With that viewpoint, there can be no blame and no victim-hood. The only thing is the question – how am I growing from this or what is it teaching me?
“Transformation happens when you dare to be awakened to greater heights. When you stay open, no matter what. letting each experience, especially the tough ones, strengthen you and add depth and wisdom” Oprah.
In the days leading up the eclipse, we have one of the best opportunities this year to see to our personal plumbing, by releasing whatever toxic waste or clutter we don’t need or doesn’t serve us– physically and metaphorically. Use Mercury Retrograde to reflect on any disempowering false core beliefs, fears, habitual behaviours, and resentments that are holding you back and start releasing them…. one by one. Writing them down and burning them would be a powerful ritual to perform just before the eclipse. And then on the 3rd, as the moon starts to wax, use your newly found awareness to set new, positive steps in motion.
I still have a few places left on THE DIVINE ROMANCE workshop on the 2nd and 3rd, where we will be working with all of this.
Continuing the theme of investigation into December, I will be running a “REFLECTIONS 2013” workshop, where we’ll review the road we’ve travelled in 2013, before we go hurtling into 2014. We’ll be creating a Gratitude Collage, which is a wonderful process.
On the subject of Gratitude, if you haven’t already, please join my 26 DAYS OF GRATITUDE of Gratitude on Facebook. We’re having such fun and raising vibrations at the same time. This is one way that you can make a difference.
I leave you with some wisdom from Socrates, who was never known to mince his words. “The unexamined life is not worth living”
Please share this with anybody you feel might benefit from reading it.
In life and light Michelle