On 24th October, we have a full moon in the sign of Taurus, which links back to the New moon in Taurus on 15th May If you reflect a little, you might find that similar issues, or a continuation of what was happening then, might be arising again now, but with more intensity.
This full moon is not only within a degree of Uranus, the planet of change, liberation, revolution and awakening, but both of them are closely opposing the Sun and Venus (Retrograde) in Scorpio. This combination can feel very unpredictable or uncomfortable for some, but it does have the power to boot us out of our comfort zones and align us with some magic, provided we work with its energy consciously.
The alignment provides us with no less than 8 planetary points in fixed signs and no fire whatsoever –There’s the deep desire for change, but we might feel stuck, without much impetus right now to make it happen!
Let’s explore this energy a bit more.
Firstly there’s Taurus – a fixed earth sign, representing our connection with planet earth, our physical bodies, five senses, money, food and that which we truly value. The full moon shines a spotlight on our need and concerns about stability, comfort and security!
And then along comes electrifying Uranus (in fixed Taurus), who’s not in the least bit concerned with any of these things. He’s an unpredictable, unconventional wildcard who demands liberation, excitement, adventure and change. If things are too stultifying, earthbound or comfortable, he’ll send in his emissaries of thunder and lightning to penetrate and cut through the dross in order to get things moving. Mars, the planet of action, is firmly ensconced in Aquarius (ruled by Aquarius), which simply reinforces this theme!
And of course, there’s Scorpio, a fixed water sign. The Sun has just moved into the sign of deep transformation for the next month, where he joins Venus (retrograde), Mercury and Jupiter in the sign of deep transformation.
This combination places the magnifying glass on intense emotive issues around relationships, sex, value, communication and the beliefs or “truths” that we hold dear to our hearts. The Scorpion insists that we go beneath the surface to investigate these at a deeper level and release what needs to be released, in order to make space for the new.
Suffice to say, this certainly isn’t the calmest or easiest of full moons, but, as always, we have the choice of how we’re going to respond to the energy – Its electrifying, its deep, its passionate and its transformational!
All we can really do is to stay as present as possible with what ever is arising.
- Write down 5 things that you really, really, really want in your life
- Now apply laser focus and narrow that list down to one thing!
- Write down what you are prepared to change, release and/or commit to, in order to help to bring it into being
OTHER WAYS TO WORK WITH THE ENERGY
- Ask the penetrating questions about your life, but don’t demand the answers… right now.
- Be aware of signs and symbols that appear in relation to your questions
- Feel the feelings that arise, as they arise!
- Keep returning to your breath, over and over again.
- Get your body moving – it will help to get the static energy moving and ignite some much needed fire.
- Listen to some inspirational or calming music
- Watch some uplifting programmes or read a really good book
- Soak in a bath… with bubbles or beautiful oils
- Lie down on the grass and seep in the beauty of this moment
- Between the 24th and the 26th do a detox or a releasing ceremony to prepare for the Birth of Venus.
VENUS JOINS THE SUN
On a positive note, when Venus joins the Sun on 26th October, it marks the beginning of the second part of her retrograde period and is often known to symbolise The Birth of Venus. This is a creatively inspired, heart opening opportunity, which should help us to find the clarity we’ve been looking for over the past few months
We’ll be working with this powerful Tranformative energy and the theme of the Birth of Venus in my next Art & Soul Workshop on 28th October. I still have a few places left, if you would like to join us.
I’m available for readings until the end of November ( First time Birth Charts, annual or 6 monthly updates, childrens’ charts, relationship charts, vocational readings and navigational coaching.Please contact me soon if you would like to book some time with me.
In Life and Light