On Sunday we have a New Moon in Virgo, which is also a partial Solar Eclipse. As the sun, moon and earth align, it appears as if the moon is moving across the sun, causing a shadow. We won’t see it in South Africa, but symbolically, it means that the masculine (Sun) is being eclipsed / vanquished by the Feminine (moon), which sets the theme for the next lunar cycle. With the new moon opposite Chiron (the wounded healer) in the gentle sign of Pisces, we’re being provided with a strong feminine flourish of healing and feeling – with a dollop of earthy Virgo practicality stirred into the mix.
One of the best ways of working with the energy of a Virgo New Moon is to take some time to discern what you want to let go of and what you want to keep: what is healthy and what’s not, what is useful and what’s done its time. It’s an excellent time to detox or purge your cupboards, body, mind and your emotions, from whatever is weighing you down and holding you back.
As we approach this new moon, old wounds, physical pain, grief or sadness (Chiron) may arise – all coming up for another chance to heal.
TEN things TO DO this VIRGO NEW MOON
- Sit quietly and connect with how you’re feeling and what is coming up for healing
- Notice where you feel it in your body
- Ask for a symbol, a colour or a texture.
- Ask how this feeling is serving you or what its telling you.
- Breathe deeply
- Surrender. Let a wave of softness and compassion wash through you.
- Afterwards, write down whatever you want to release, burn it, blow away the ashes.
- Clear out a cupboard or two
- Give something away
- Commit to doing one thing towards a healthier, fitter, happier you – every day for the next 21 days.
Mercury turns retrograde from 17 September to 9 October, so be sure to back all your electronic gadgetry up before then.
If you need assistance in healing any area of your life, please contact me for a one-on-one Process Healing session, coaching, class or workshop. See below for details
Have a good weekend everyone.